Re: IPTables and Squid

On Friday 23 April 2004 13:25, Sameer Gurung wrote:
>     I'm new to iptables and i'm trying to share an
> internet connection in my organization.....i would
> like to run squid too ( for logon and such )....Any
> pointers... Any help would be great

I'm not quite sure what sort of logon you envision with Squid as it is a
web proxy, perhaps you mean authentication for browsing the WWW.
However, that is a Squid issue.  This page gives quite a good tutorial
for using Squid as a transparent proxy, which is what you would want if
you were to force all HTTP requests through Squid:

http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/TransparentProxy.html#toc4

The "Packet Filtering" and "NAT Howto" can both be found at this page in a
number of languages:

http://netfilter.org/documentation/index.html#documentation-howto

And an excellent tutorial by Oskar is available at:

http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/iptables-tutorial.html

I hope those links help,

David