Re: Iptables and Kernel

Sorry it is me again. I tried to compile pomng using

# KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux ./runme pending
# KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux ./runme base
# KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux ./runme extend

but couldn't find h323-conntrack-nat patch being offered. I did see
owner-socketlookup mention something about H.323. May I ask how do I
applied h323-conntrack-nat patch to iptables and kernel-2.6.5 alone? I
can see the subfolder h323-conntrack-nat under pomng.

Okay -- I'm a twit --- I'd assumed since my loadup script was completed without errors that things had worked all the way through ... looking again it seems that the h323 stuff only applies against 2.4.x kernels -- Joseph K. hasn't ported it -- likely because its
slightly hackish .. And Lord KNOWS why netmeeting is working through
my firewall ... other than the fact of a good old ESTABLISHED RELATED
rule ... I do know that it only works outbound, if someone wants to
call into the LAN they have to call on a specific port and I have that
port forwarded to the destination host.

I'm now using kernel 2.4.26. Now when I run

# KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux ./runme extra

I do see h323-conntrack-nat patch. When I do a 'make xconfig' for the kernel source, under Networking/Netfilter... I can't find the H.323 option. But other options like ECN, ..., etc. are available. Is this correct?

I found the cause, for some apparent reason, the option is added to the configurable option under Networking/Netfilter. But the patch is applied to net/ipv4/netfilter/. So when in and added the entry myself to make it configurable under Config.in. I hope I did it right, now I'm just trying to figure why kernel stalls when it boots.

Regards,
Norman