Re: loop problem

Hi Amit,

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 06:31:51PM +0530, aksingh@xxxxxxxxxxx told us:
> Hi Sven
>
>   I think you got my question wrong but thank anyways yr answer helped
> anyways ....
> first, i believe a packet that hits IP_PRE_ROUTING can never hit
> IP_LOCAL_OUT, even if it is reinjected ... am i right ?

Hmmm...well I think it shouldn't...I should have been able to think
so far on my own...more coffee please! :))

> now to your answer , u mean to say i can tag a packet when it passes thru
> one hook so that another hook if it catches it can look at it and handle it
> differently .. i just saw struct sk_buff  ... it has an element unsigned
> lonf nfmark ... so you mean to say i can set it to a paricular value, so
> that when someother hook picks it up can identify that someone has already
> looked at it, right ? ... yes surely this can help when we have
> IP_PRE_ROUTING/POST_ROUTING combination or someother possible combination
> like IP_LOCAL_OUT and IP_POST_ROUTING .

Yes that's what I thougt of. The iptables mark match and target also use
this field (nfmark).

> thanks sven ... btw whats HTH ? :)

Hope that helps :))

> Amit

Sven

--
Linux zion 2.6.6-rc1 #1 Sat Apr 17 11:50:12 CEST 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
 15:16:10  up 20:05,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.03, 0.00