Re: mangling a packet

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 11:15:25AM +0530, shantanu sharma wrote:
> we are supposed to capture a dns packet at the firewall and mangle  it
> appropriately

This is a very tricky process.  I've done some work on DNS mangling myself,
but it is not complete.  I stopped working on it when Verisign stopped their
SiteFinder.  Would you be interested in comparing implementations and/or
merging efforts?

> please tell us how do we correct the checksum filed of UDP and IP after
> the reverse S NAT takes place or do we need to queue the packets using
> some other chain of someother table

I think this should be the least of your problems.  :-)  I would start by
looking near the end of ip_nat_mangle_udp_packet().

--
Nothing will dispel enthusiasm like a small admission fee.
        -- Kim Hubbard