libipq

hi

1) is libipq library distributed with all 2.4 series kernels, i use
2.4.2-2smp, but i cant locate libipq.h on my system
2) i had a doubt regarding nf_hook filters returning NF_QUEUE, nobody has
replied so ill try and make my question more specific ---
      - i use a PRE_ROUTING hook to capture all ipv4 packets  >>> this is
fine
      -the hook function returns NF_QUEUE return code and hence the packet
goes to ip_queue(assuming i have loaded ip_queue module, the kernel gives
upprocessing this packet here
              - a user process i create is listening on the netlink socket
for the packet just given to ip_queue, once it gets the packet it plays
with it and reinjects the packet using ip_set_verdict ... here two things
might happen, one is that my user process decides to keep the packet for
itself and returns a verdict of NF_DROP in ip_set_verdict(in which case the
packet is dropped on being reinjected into the kernel, i hope this is the
case, right ?).   Secondly, the process might actually want to reinject the
packet into the kernel and hence it calls ip_set_verdict with a verdict of
NF_ACCEPT. On receiving this second type of packet(after reinjection), i
expect the kernel not to repeat the same hook, cos if it does then im stuck
in an infinite loop.

is my understanding correct(just the third point) or is there any chance of
me getting into an infinite loop if i use this method.

thanks
Amit

Alistair Tonner <Alistair@xxxxxxxxxx>@lists.netfilter.org on 04/19/2004
02:18:14 PM