passive ftp

Hi

I am having some trouble to access passive mode ftp sites.I
have a firewall with ip forwarding enabled.When a pc on the
network want to access passive ftp servers i need to do the
following in my rules ( on the server ):

-A OUTPUT -p tcp -m multiport --dport 21,20 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

But i do not want every query to be forwarded i only want
say ftp access to be forwarded. Why does the following not
work ( on the server ):

-A FORWARD -p tcp -i eth0 -o ppp0 --dport 20 -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -p tcp -i eth0 -o ppp0 --dport 21 -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
Regards
Herbalife Independent Distributor http://www.healthiest.co.za