Re: Need help with iptables DNAT on local loopback

On Friday 16 April 2004 8:49 pm, C Kadziolka wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am having some problems with making iptables work. I have
> a standard Slackware 9.0 installation, which is running kernel
> 2.4.22.
>
> My problem is this, it seems like no matter what iptables
> commands i issue, the kernel ignores them and acts as if
> i never issued them.
>
> To start with, i would just like to be able to DNAT all connections
> from one port to another port, all on the same computer over the
> local loopback.

Put the rules in the nat table of the OUTPUT chain for DNATting local packets.

Regards,

Antony.

--
I don't know, maybe if we all waited then cosmic rays would write all our
software for us. Of course it might take a while.

 - Ron Minnich, Los Alamos National Laboratory

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.