about ipq_set_verdict()

Hi all,

I am using the libipq library to do userspace programming on netfilter. I am
having some problems understanding the return values of the function
ipq_set_verdict():

When I set verdict (either NF_ACCEPT or NF_DROP) without modifying the
packet, the return value of ipq_set_verdict is 28 and everything works well;
however, when I set verdict trying to modify the packet, ipq_set_verdict
returns 88, and the packet seems always to be dropped even when I set
NF_ACCEPT.

Does anybody know what these return values mean? Moreover, could anybody
tell me how I can successfully modify a packet using libipq? Thank you very
much in advance!!

Regards,
Jee