High speed filtering using RAW sockets and NetFilter

Hi,

I am trying to use iptables to drop all packets received by my interface, so that there could be no IP stack processing. I am then trying to filter specific packets using RAW sockets. For up to 10-12Mbps, my filter accepts 90% of the packets... but increasing the data rate, causes my filter to accept negligible number of packets... I am using IXIA to generate packets, and a LINUX box (2.4 kernel), with a Pentium II CPU.

Is my CPU a bottleneck for my filtering??? If someone can guide me on this, it would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Lakkavas.

Do you Yahoo!?