Re: logs

On Friday 09 April 2004 11:07 pm, azeem ahmad wrote:

> hi alll
> i want to check the logs of iptables to check who is passing throught my
> machine. so plz tell me where r its logs and how can i check them

The LOG target takes an argument --log-level which is what determines how the
log entries are handled by your syslog daemon, according to /etc/syslog.conf

The most likely places for you to find your log entries are:
1. On the console (if you didn't specify --log-level)
2. In /var/log/messages
3. In /var/log/syslog

As for checking the logs to see "who" is passing through your machine.... good
luck :)

Regards,

Antony.

--
These clients are often infected by viruses or other malware and need to be
fixed.  If not, the user at that client needs to be fixed...