Official IMQ support

Is there any chance that we will get IMQ incorporated in future releases of netfilter/kernel?

The development was picked up again (it was unmaintained).
You can see it here:
www.linuximq.net

They have patches for 2.4 and 2.6 kernels.

IMQ, for those who don't already know, IMQ allows for NATting AND providing Bandwidth Control up/downstream.  It Creates an Intermediate Queueing Device that can be used to do the QoS stuff, while the regular Ethernet adapter can perform the NAT.

I have been using IMQ for a very long time (Network with 500 users), and I can vouch for its stability.  It keeps me from having 2 daisy-chained routers on site.

Flames or comments are welcome...C'mon, anybody else out there uses IMQ?

Have a great day,

Peter Frischknecht