Re: LOG per IP basis

On Thursday 08 April 2004 12:04 pm, Danila Octavian wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is my first post to the list after many months, but i'm running out of
> time with my problem.
>
> Anyone can tell me how to log separately trafic to the outside world of my
> machines that are behind a masquerading firewall ?
>
> my setup : internet --- ETXIP fw INTIP --- 192.168.13.0/24.
>
> for example i want to be able to measure how much traffic is doing
> 192.168.13.222 (for example) to the outside world but not to my extip or
> intip.

Put a rule in a mangle table which matches your packets - no need for a target
(the POSTROUTING chain would probably be best - then you only count traffic
which left the machine - ie: didn't get filtered out), and use "iptables -L
-t mangle -nvx" to get the packet/byte counts.

Regards,

Antony.

those who understand binary notation,
and those who don't.