where did ipt_unclean go in kernel 2.6.5 ?

Hi Everyone,

I recently compiled and applied kernel 2.6.5 from kernel.org , building it as an rpm using `make rpm` on a RedHat 9 system. The build process went so smoothly i was astonished.

Of course there are always the little nagging things left to clean up.

Just curious but where did the unclean match target disappear to? I thought that was part of the base iptables target set.

I use firestarter to apply iptables rule sets to this upgraded machine and I see the following:

Apr 6 17:31:31 shreya1 firestarter: Zeroing all current rules: succeeded
Apr 6 17:31:31 shreya1 modprobe: FATAL: Module ipt_unclean not found.
Apr 6 17:31:32 shreya1 last message repeated 2 times
Apr 6 17:31:32 shreya1 firestarter: Applying Firestarter configuration succeeded

Was UNCLEAN dropped as a standard target? I don t see it anywhere in the standard kernel config in the 2.6 series.

patchomatic-ng was no help either.

By the way , as a side note, just which iptables patches DO apply to the kernel 2.6 series? its at version 2.6.5 now and severely needs some firewalling support. , for instance h323 and the failover connection tracking?

Sincerely

Madhav Diwan