Re: Established related question

On Tuesday 06 April 2004 7:39 pm, Stuart Lamble wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Established relates to packets of known connections and RELATED applies
> to packets related to packets of an active connection....
>
> What are the implecations of having a rule that states "If state of
> connection is ESTABLISHED,RELATED - ALLOW" in the INPUT and FORWARD
> rules?

Sorry, I don't think I understand your question - can you try rephrasing?

The best attempt I can come up with for an answer is "the implication of
having a rule ACCEPTing ESTABLISHED, RELATED packets in INPUT or FORWARD is
that reply packets (as well as things like ICMP errors and path MTU
discovery) are taken care of and you then only need to specify rules for the
NEW packets you want to allow as the first in a connection".

Is that what you were looking for?

Regards,

Antony.

--