Re: how to block p2p

I use FTwall(P2Pwall) to block Kazaa. Works quite well. http://www.lowth.com/p2pwall/ftwall/
Furthermore in our dormitories firewall I added blocking of the standard ports for P2P programs. Edonkey = 4662 and so on.
The traffic went from top to zero nearly instant.

It was then added to the dormitory rules that use of programs like Kazaa, Edonkey and other filesharing programs were against normal use.
Snort has been installed to check weither a person is using a P2P program or not and they are then warned before disconnected from the Internet for life.

Still people who download, however they do not generate very much traffic, since most people on the Internet use the standard ports, which are blocked.

regards
Kristian Hald