Re: related to -z option

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 11:47 am, rohit persaie wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> There is one option in iptables .....-Z , used for  the  packet  and byte
> counters in all the chains.
>
> Please tell me the use of this option, with example.

# clear the packet counters to zero
iptables -Z

# wait for some traffic to go through the machine (eg: come back tomorrow)
sleep 86400

# look at the counters now to find out how much traffic has matched each rule
iptables -L -nvx

# Repeat as long as the information interests you

Regards,

Antony.

--
Programming is a Dark Art, and it will always be. The programmer is
fighting against the two most destructive forces in the universe:

 - Damian Conway, Perl God

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.