RE: Gigabit

I believe it was an 800MHz or 1200MHz Duron (not sure which I pulled out of the stash when I did the testing) with 256MB DDR, and a very minimal Debian load. The CPU utilization was all system, load averages were beyond 1 but I do not have the figures for this. Other things I do not know, I was just testing to see if it securely dropped packets rather than passing them if the utilization went too high. I do not remember seeing anything odd in the memory section or otherwise at lower utilizations. The key to making it drop packets was to get the syn traffic going across it, otherwise stateful inspection only has to look at the initial packet and then start passing traffic as established. I am running an FTP transfer at 80% utilization right now and it is only running at 34% CPU.

Brian