Re: Being selective about traffic and interfaces

On Monday 08 March 2004 09:07, Richard Bellamy wrote:
> I have just set up an ecrypted connection (with OpenVPN) between my
> laptop and router currently all traffic goes down the vpn. I would
> like to allow ssh traffic to bypass the vpn.

FWIW, if what you're seeking is a performance improvement, you would
probably do better by changing your sshd/ssh client to use something
faster than the default 3DES encryption. Blowfish (which of course is
openvpn's default) is a good choice: fast and not known to be weak.

> I would be very grateful for any assistance.

I am pretty sure that what you want can be done with MARK in the mangle
table and complex routing (iproute2). Unfortunately that's all a bit
beyond me. I hope the blowfish suggestion is helpful.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header