Re: problem with forward/nat

On Sunday 07 March 2004 6:24 pm, Fabian Hartmann wrote:

> > hello,
>
> Hi Pierre
>
> > #forward
> >
> > iptables -A FORWARD -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT -o eth0
>
> The rule above won't work! you must set the -o flag before you set the -j
> <TARGET> i. e. iptables -A FORWARD -o eth0 -s 192.168.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT

My netfilter accepts it perfectly well, and afterwards "iptables -L FORWARD
-nvx" shows:

pkts   bytes target    prot opt in     out     source              destination
   0     0 ACCEPT    all  --  *      eth0    192.168.1.0/24       0.0.0.0/0

> Otherwise the rule won't be accepted by iptables and you have no rule that
> accepts  forwarded traffic when the default policy for the FORWARD chain is
> set to DROP.

Let me know which version of netfilter you have a problem with using the above
syntax - admittedly it's non-standard, but it seems to work okay.

Antony.