Re: DNAT + user defined chains

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 12:00, Jan Kanty Palus wrote:
> My firewall configuration consist of many rules which redirect some ports
> on my server to particular hosts in lan. I wanted to reduce them so I tried
> to do something like this:
>
> iptables -t nat -N new
> iptables -t -A PREROUTING -i ethX -p tcp --dport <port>:<port> -j new
>
> and in chain 'new' redirect port to right machine. The problem is that in
> chain 'new' i have no option '--to-destination'. Is it possible to do
> this or where can i find some info about it?

Hmmm . . . I just tried creating such a chain and adding a bogus DNAT
rule to it and it worked fine.  I haven't tested it with real traffic
but I assume you are getting some kind of error when you try to add a
rule.  What error are you getting? Are you remembering the preface the
-A or -I with -t nat?
--
John A. Sullivan III
Chief Technology Officer