Re: help me with firewall+drop by default

From: Antony Stone <Antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: help me with firewall+drop by default
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 01:37:26 +0000

On Friday 05 March 2004 1:24 am, verito verito wrote:

> Firewall was denied , Just for default I'm sending, the (setting up)
> that is able to access into the web , but I can't access into the mail
> server (POP), and some web pages that requiered the Ports
> (443,21,23,25,110), I hope. I will clear , if there is any question just
> replying me , Thanks

Where are you tryuing to access the POP3 server from and to?

In other words, where is your client (compared to eth0 adn eth1 in your
rules), and is the server running on the machine with these rules, or on some
other server being routed through this one?
eth0=lan
eth1=internet
The server pop3 is external I must open the ports 110 and 25
Since I use the outlook as client of mail in order that it could send and receive post office
> iptables -P INPUT DROP
> iptables -P OUTPUT DROP
> iptables -P FORWARD DROP
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -t tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080
> iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
> iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -s 0/0 -d 0/0 -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A -i lo -s 0/0 -d 0/0 -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth0 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j
> ACCEPT
> iptables -A INPUT -i eth1 -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 -j ACCEPT
> iptables -A OUTPUT -j ACCEPT

Antony.

--
90% of networking problems are routing problems.
9 of the remaining 10% are routing problems in the other direction.

Please reply to the list;
please don't CC me.

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Amor: busca tu ½ naranja http://latam.msn.com/amor/