Re: /sbin/iptables -vnxL OUTPUT

* Mario Ohnewald <mario.Ohnewald@xxxxxx>  3. Mar 04:
> Hi,

Hello,

> I call this default policy at the beginning of my script (actually
> SuSEFirewalls script):

It doesn't matter, when you call it.  Packets traverse chains from top
to bottom.  The 'bottom' is the default policy.  (Well, it's listed on
top, but you know what I mean.)

> $IPTABLES -F INPUT
> $IPTABLES -F OUTPUT
> $IPTABLES -F FORWARD             2> /dev/null
> $IPTABLES -P INPUT "$DROP"
> $IPTABLES -P OUTPUT "$ACCEPT"
> $IPTABLES -P FORWARD "$ACCEPT"     2> /dev/null
> $IPTABLES -F
> $IPTABLES -X
> $IPTABLES -t nat -F
> $IPTABLES -t nat -X
> $IPTABLES -t mangle -F
> $IPTABLES -t mangle -X
>
> so why am i "-j ACCEPT" accepting it before that?

In these scrambled outputs I did not wanted to sort again was a
match-any-rule with -j ACCEPT in your OUTPUT (it isn't set here).  So
never a packet reached the bottom (policy) of your OUTPUT.

Please RTFM,
 regards, Frank.
--
Sigmentation fault