iptables and IPCOMP

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the iptables world, so apologies in advance ...

I'm running iptables on 2 linux boxes (v1.2.8), in 2 different locations (offices). They are firewalls for both offices. I have ipsec tunnels between both offices, terminating on these linux boxes.

I am currently trying to install 2 bandwidth expanders (Xpand 4800) on both sites. I have the devices _inside_ both firewalls, setup with local IP addresses (ie both devices have false IP's, but can see (ping) each other through the ipsec tunnel)

I'm told that these devices use IPCOMP to communicate, but currently they are not connected. So, I'm trying to find out where the blockage is happening! So, my question is, how do I find out where/why the 2 devices are not connecting. For example, to find out if iptables is the problem, I run the:-

# iptables -t <table_name> -L -n

where <table_name> is one of /proc/net/ip_table_names

If nothing there, then can that be ruled out as the blockage of IPCOMP getting through?
How do I explicitly allow IPCOMP get through with iptables?

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers