Re: transparent proxy

Hi,

you cannot send http traffic directly to a proxy port, these are two different protocols (you also configure your client to use proxy or direct connection).

So, you either configure a proxy, use nat for traffic to port 80 (without using the proxy), or configure squid to listen to another port in "http accelerator mode", the last option is what you seem to want.

Good luck,
Jeroen.