MASQUERADE: Route sent us somewhere else.

Hi hi,

      I am a Linux admin, and recently set up an IP Tables firewall at work.
Whenever I set up these things, I like to use nice programs with interfaces
to quickly and easily change things, at the moment, my fav de jour is Jay's
Firewall (if you havn't seen it - it's very slick).

Anyways, it doesn't use SNAT, just MASQ, and it is on a static IP....so I
started seeing them msgs:

MASQUERADE: Route sent us somewhere else.

A quick google, and I saw the msgs about Rusty's brain breaking etc.

So I put an older kernel on the firewall, and it's all sweet.  So what I want
to know is, is 2.4.25 good-to-go using this MASQ technique, or should I talk
to Jay about incorporating SNAT - or some other suggestion?

Luke

(using Debian Woody)