ip_conntrack_ftp in /proc/modules

Hi,

found something weird, seems like a bug to me. (kernel 2.4.24)

I wanted to mark ftp packets in the PREROUTING mangle table with:

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -m helper --helper ftp -j MARK --set-mark 10

didn't work at first, but if I load the module "ip_conntrack_ftp" with insmod, and then make the rule (not the other way around), it does work.
So far so good, no problem.

But when I do "cat /proc/modules":

ip_conntrack_ftp        3984   0 (unused)
ip_conntrack           19812   2 (autoclean) [ip_conntrack_ftp ipt_helper ipt_CONNMARK]

Shouldn't it say that ip_conntrack_ftp is used by [ipt_helper] ?

Or at least, when using --helper ftp, it should autoload the ip_conntrack_ftp, since it doesn't seem to work without it.
The way it is now makes it possible to just rmmod ip_conntrack_ftp while you are using it, and without any warning, and when you insmod it, you have the remove the --helper ftp rule and put it again back in your firewall again to make it work.

Maybe this is just a 2.4.24 thing, does anyone here have a 2.6 kernel running? Wonder if it's still the same on 2.6

Cheers,
Jeroen.