RE: vpn and pptp

Yes and it works very well. You need to get patch-o-matic from
http://www.netfilter.org . Read the instructions, as they tell you how
to apply the patches. After reading, do "./runme extra" in the p-o-m
directory and skip through all the patches until you find the one called
"pptp_contrack" or "ip_contrack_pptp" (I'm not totally sure of the
name).

Apply this patch, recompile your kernel, and also download and compile
the iptables program itself ("userspace tools") and away you go. They
are created as modules called ip_contrack_pptp and ip_contrack_proto_gre
and ip_nat_pptp and ip_nat_pptp.

Doesn't seem to work on kernel 2.6 yet though.