Re: Instructions on how to redirect port 80 to port 8080

On Wednesday 18 February 2004 3:01 pm, Fabian Hartmann wrote:

> > The telnet's being done from the box itself, telneting to the network ip
> > (not loopback) of the box.

Oh!   I recommend not doing this, since it doesn't test the same bits of the
ruleset as packets coming from another machine (which is what I assume you
really want the rules to do).   I did think you were testing from another
machine.

> > The same response occurs if the telnet is done from another box.

In that case put a LOG rule just before the REJECT, as I suggested in my last
posting, then we can see exactly what got REJECTed.

Antony.

--
If you want to be happy for an hour, get drunk.
If you want to be happy for a year, get married.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.