Re: Routing problem

AH, I think I get what you are saying.
You have a linux doing NAT, 1 public IP on the outside
and 1 private on the inside.  You also have a spare
public IP which you want to put on a client so they
can do some funky things which requires them having a
real IP address.
1 question about your statement.  Where you say
"carrier expects traffic to come from one WAN IP"
kinda goes against what you implied by "public IP 2".
If you have 2 pubic IPs, they they cannot expect your
traffic to come from 1 WAN IP.  Even if you NAT a
private address explicitly to the 2nd public IP
address that counts as 2.  Do you have 1 or 2 public
IP addresses?
If you are given 2, then you should be able to do the
config mentioned, putting the client on the same side
as the router's public IP (since they are both in the
same class C).  If you have 1, well you are SOL.

--- Carlos Fernandez Sanz <cfs-netfilter@xxxxxxxxxx>