From: netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ted Erickson
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 6:55 PM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Major NAT Problem

I am somewhat new to IPTables but not to linux.  I have a major problem.
Some background first... I have a PPoA SDSL connection with Qwest running at
640k/up/down.  I have a static block of 8 addresses.....I have a connection
from the DSL modem to eth0 on my Redhat 9.0 box and I have my local network
pluged into eth1.  The only thing running on the linux box is IPTables
nothing else.  I turned on echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward and
enabled MASQ in several different ways..... no problem.  I can surf the
internet just fine on my local network machine but I have ONE BIG PROBLEM!!!

  I can't view a handfull of websites.  If I take the linux box out of the
picture and throw a cheap Linksys Router on the same DSL connection I can
see all the web sites i want.  IPTables is blocking something but I don't
know what? I can't find any info on the web with this problem.  I need to
fix this ASAP or I will have to go with something else, but I want to stay
with linux.

theo

Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and
beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx