problems using FTOS extension

Hi all,

I need to use the FTOS target. Took me quite a
while to figure out how to get it 'available' for
use. (I added 'FTOS' to the PF_EXT_SLI field of
the Makefile in the extensions directory of the
1.2.9 distro and that seems to have done the
trick. After running make and make install the
libipt_FTOS.so file gets copied into
/usr/local/lib/iptables).

I'm having trouble using the correct syntax for a
rule though. This rule,using TOS, works fine:
iptables -I OUTPUT -t mangle -j TOS --set-tos 0x02

Trying the same thing with FTOS:
iptables -I OUTPUT -t mangle -j FTOS --set-ftos 0x02
Produces the error message:
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

Looks weird. Interestingly, if I don't provide
the --set-ftos argument I get a logical error
message:
iptables v1.2.9: FTOS target: Parameter
--set-ftos is required
So it looks like FTOS can be used but I'm doing
something wrong with the --set-ftos argument.

I'm running a 2.4.20-8 kernel on RH9.

Thanks,

Mark.

‘The ideals which have lighted my way,
and time after time given me new
courage
to face life cheerfully, have
been kindness, beauty, and truth. The
trite subjects of life – possessions,
outward success, luxury – have always
seemed contemptible.’

Albert Einstein

Protect your right to breathe clean, smoke-free air:
http://www.care2.com/go/z/11238/1043