Re: ROUTE + SNAT Problem

Le mer 04/02/2004 à 17:13, tonton19 a écrit :
> everything works, all is ok, each packet which matches with the first
> rule, matches with the second too. But, when I declare the following
> rule :
> # iptables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -d 173.20.0.210 -p tcp --dport 80
> -j ROUTE --oif eth0
> the second rule (with SNAT target) no longer works !!! I can see with
> iptables -t nat --list --verbose that no packet match with the second
> rule. In the other hand the third rules (with ROUTE target) works
> well. So, please help me ! Wat's the problem ? Is there an
> incompatibility beetween ROUTE and SNAT targets ? or my rules are not
> good ?

As far as I can remember, use of ROUTE target stops NF_IP_POST_ROUTING
crossing to send packet directly. For mangle table is prior to nat one,
then SNAT rules are not evaluated.
You should have a look to very last patch-o-matic (maybe still CVS)
where ROUTE target include a special option for continue hook traversal.
See :

http://cvs.netfilter.org/netfilter/patch-o-matic/extra/ROUTE.patch

	"Updated version with new option to continue rule-traversal
	 (Cedric de Launois)"

--
http://www.netexit.com/~sid/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE