Passing packet to IP layer

Hi,
I am capturing packets using netfilters. I am modifying the packets and I want to give
it "up the linux IP stack" in the kernel. The implementation has to been done as a
loadable module. I have a problem here, I don't find any kernel exported symbol which
can be used to send the modified stack up the stack and give it to the IP module. Kindly
tell me if there is any way to do that. I thought abt compiling the code which I have
written along with the kernel and use the kernel functions directly, but it is not
portable. Kindly tell me how to proceed.
cheers
Suresh