IPTABLES + IPROUTE2

Hi there,

I have the following configuration: Local Net with Linux RedHat 9.0 Squid
proxy server (with one net card) and 2 gateways - router1 and router2. The
default gateway for everyone including the proxy is router1. I'd like, the
http request from the local net sent to the proxy to be forwarded to the
Internet via router2. I'm trying the following configuration:

iptables -A OUTPUT -o eth0 -t mangle -p tcp --dport 80 -j MARK --set-mark 2
echo 202 www.out >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
ip rule add fwmark 2 table www.out
ip route add default via router2 dev eth0 table www.out

It looks like the packets go through the right chain under iptables and get
marked, however after that they still don't get forwarded via router2 but
router1. What could be wrong in this config and is this possible to achieve
at all with the above configuration?

Regards

L.Malinov