RE: PPTP connection tracking and Poptop on same box

It
> > performs NAT for all the workstations on the private side of the box
> > (hence the need for ip_nat_pptp since some workstations need to
contact
> > outside pptp servers), and also allows access from the outside when
> > users are roaming (hence the need for poptop).
> >
> > Astaro Security Linux (www.astaro.com) is one product which achieves
> > this without problem using poptop, as is win2k rras.
>
> In that case your simplest solution might be to ask Astaro how they've
> done
> it.   Their products are based on Linux / netfilter etc, so should be
> fully
> GPL.
>
> Antony

It seems this might prove more difficult than one would hope. Source
code is not available from Astaro - they instead claim that any source
code would simply be direct copies from ftp.gnu.org, and that they
release all their patches back to project maintainers. Hmmmm.

Excuse the long url (I felt a http://tinyurl thing might appear
untrustworthy, but here's some talk on it:

http://www.astaro.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB2&Number=26110&Forum=Al
l_Forums&Words=GPL&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1year
&Main=3557&Search=true#Post26110

Carl