Re: per-connection byte counts

----- Original Message -----
From: "Antony Stone" <Antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 7:31 AM
Subject: Re: per-connection byte counts

> If this package provides the information you need, why not just run it on
the
> netfilter machine?   What's the need for a separate box?

No problem Sir.
I just want to split the Monitoring-function from the Packet-Forwarding
function.
I just don't want a fail of one function savere the other.
I never mix complex function in a single box, unless they need tobe.
my small corporate network is build from a bunch of used classic pentium
class PC, with small RAM .. and WISP-Dist in it.
Let's say that the network is in a peak state ... super high traffic. It
will eat more CPU of the monitoring function. I don't want this to kick-down
the packet-forward function. That why I put it in another box.

Sincerely
-bino-