Re: PPTP connection tracking and Poptop on same box

On Sunday 18 January 2004 11:47 pm, Carl Farrington wrote:

> From: Antony Stone [mailto:Antony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>
> > On Sunday 18 January 2004 11:00 pm, Carl Farrington wrote:
> > > Does anybody know if there is a workaround for this problem? As soon
> > > as I insmod ip_nat_pptp , poptop cannot accept any incoming pptp
> > > connections.
>
> > Why do you want to use both of these on the same box?

> Well, I want to do both. I am putting together a router/gateway box. It
> performs NAT for all the workstations on the private side of the box
> (hence the need for ip_nat_pptp since some workstations need to contact
> outside pptp servers), and also allows access from the outside when
> users are roaming (hence the need for poptop).
>
> Astaro Security Linux (www.astaro.com) is one product which achieves
> this without problem using poptop, as is win2k rras.

In that case your simplest solution might be to ask Astaro how they've done
it.   Their products are based on Linux / netfilter etc, so should be fully
GPL.

Antony

--
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no
difference, whereas in practice there is.