Re: [despammed] Netfilter as an application.

On Friday 16 January 2004 17:55, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:
> > It would be a standard user program which
> > a person with normal privelges could compile and run.
> Very bad. Every can modify the rules. I think, you search 'Zonealarm for
> Linux'.

Iptables is already simple to use . there is also shorewall that can make the
use easier ( for some )

Just think what would be the weird if any user can add the firewall rule on a
box . Do you really think something will work ?

> > What would it do? It could do the same things that
> > netfilter does...i.e. filter packets/NAT etc. However
> Why?

I think you should contribute to netfilter's documentation and give some
simple and explained rules examples , you'll see that iptables will be simple
ti use ... :-)

> > Does such a thing exist?
>
> I hope: no.

the same to me .

--
Rakotomandimby Mihamina Andrianifaharana
Tel : +33 2 38 76 43 65