Re: Help: Iptables rules

> Some questions:
>
> 1. Do you have packet forwarding turned on in the kernel (cat
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward)?

Yes, I have ip_forward

> 2. What are the default policies on your netfilter chains (iptables -L)?

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere           LOG level
warning

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

> 3. You say the above has not worked - how have you tested it?

Yes, I tested
I used VPN client, which connected to remote side. After connected, the
password authentication is timeout in 2 minutes.

Here is my network diagram

Internet --> CheckPoint Firewall --> (linux/NAT/IPtables/DHCP with 2 NICs)
--> DHCP/VPN client

To verify the packets at Checkpoint firewall, I connect VPN-client before
IPtables hosts (right after the Checkpoint firewall) , the VPN client
connected and password auth. w/o a problem.

> 4. Do packets get across the router in either direction (internal to
> external?
> external to internal)?

How do I check this ?
Telnet, ftp, ping all working

> 5. Have you read Oskar Andreasson's netfilter tutorial at
> http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net, referenced on the netfilter home
> page

http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/index.html#documentation-tutorials?

I will read

> 6. Did the machine work as a simple router before you tried adding
> netfilter
> rules?

Two NICs are on different subnet. Can I config as a router w/o using
netfilter ?

--
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no
difference, whereas in practice there is.

                                                     Please reply to the
list;
                                                           please don't CC
me.