Re: Multihomed firewall and port forwarding nightmare ))):-(

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 9:12 pm, Caracal - G. Hostettler wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Using ipchains for a while and relatively new to iptables.

Welcome to the 21st Century :)

> I have to setup a somewhat special multihomed firewall:
> It has three external interfaces with public addresses, one for http, one
> for both smtp and pop3 and the third for ftp. These are real hardware NICS,
> not virtual.

Why?   What is the purpose of having three external IP addresses (in the same
subnet range) on three separate interface cards?   I think it makes your
routing setup unecessarily complicated.

I would recommend one external interface and one internal interface, with
however many IP addresses you need on each.

Regards,

Antony.

--
This is not a rehearsal.