Re: Port range forwarding

I'm sorry that maybe I didn't state my question more clearly.

REDIRECT target will redirect packets to firewall/router itself, but what I want to do is forwarding packets from WAN to LAN, not firewall/router itself. I want to implement so called virtual server and want to map a port block on WAN to another port block in LAN.

If no straight forward method to do this, any suggestion where I can modify to achieve this? or anybody already made a patch? :-)

Thanks in advance.
Max

於 2004/1/13 下午 3:01 時,Mark E. Donaldson 提到:

I am not aware of any built-in method to take one source port block and have
it translate straight over and in logical order to a different destination
port block. If I'm wrong here, I'm sure I'll be corrected. Now, the
"redirect" target closely resembles this functionality. The tutorial
describes it this way:

"The --to-ports option specifies the destination port, or port range, to
use. Without the --to-ports option, the destination port is never altered.
This is specified, as above, --to-ports 8080 in case we only want to specify
one port. If we would want to specify an port range, we would do it like
--to-ports 8080-8090, which tells the REDIRECT target to redirect the
packets to the ports 8080 through 8090. Note that this option is only
available in rules specifying the TCP or UDP protocol with the --protocol
matcher, since it wouldn't make any sense anywhere else."