Re: Iproute2 and fwmark usage

On Sunday 11 January 2004 11:12 pm, Thhoep wrote:

> ok, just solved my problem. was just a misunderstanding of mine. i thought
> "stable" means "proved and working". didn't know that i had to patch and
> bugfix stable kernels till they work in normal order.

Normally, you don't.   However if you mix versions of the kernelspace system
and the userspace utilities, results are not guaranteed.

The general rule is that if you update one you should update the other to
match.

> found the necassary bugfixes for all my problems as a patch-o-matic on the
> netfilter main page.
>
> never the less thanks for helping.

Glad you've got things working okay now.

Antony.

--
Behind the counter a boy with a shaven head stared vacantly into space,
a dozen spikes of microsoft protruding from the socket behind his ear.

 - William Gibson, Neuromancer (1984)

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.