Re: source-mac filtering

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 18:37, Ramin Dousti wrote:
> dhcpd takes and puts packets by netlink sockets which bypass the whole
> IP stack. So in short, you cannot filter the requests nor the response.
>
> Ramin

<snippage>

this is slightly off... iirc, some of the negotiation happens that way,
further negotiation does not... what I'm sure of however is that if u
don't explicitely allow dhcpd traffic server-side, negotiation does not
work client-side... which means that not all traffic if any bypasses
netfilter... don't have the time to investigate further server-side...
sorry...