Re: Iproute2 and fwmark usage

i just tried over an hour to bring a tunnel up on one of my other servers,
so i can simulate routing behaviour with it, but just wasted my time with
trying to fix a broken ppp installation on it. dont have the patience and
gotten way too tired to do that right now. so i give you the configuration
of my testing setup and if you would like to reproduce it i would appreciate
it.

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i eth4 -s 192.168.0.22 -j MARK --set-mark
0

ip route add 192.168.0.0/24 dev eth4 table test

ip rule add fwmark 1 table test
OR
ip rule add from 192.168.0.22 table test

(these ones done in the ppp ip-up script)

ip route add default via <remote ip> dev <ppp iface>

(dont use a default route in the main table to the same ppp iface, so you
feel a difference when the routing rules apply or not)

thats all i think.