Re: Problems with Transparent Proxy using IPTables, Squid and 2.6 kernel

On Thursday 08 January 2004 6:28 pm, Peter Schobel wrote:

> Dec 24, 2003: patch-o-matic 20031219 (for kernel >= 2.4.18, including
> 2.4.23)
> Please note that this release still does not yet support the
> just-released 2.6.0 kernel.
> Expect a so-called 'patch-o-matic-ng' release for 2.6.x support in the
> next couple of weeks.
>
> Does this mean that iptables will not work with 2.6 kernel? This seems
> unlikely to me - I think i'm understanding it incorrectly - please
> clarify

You are correct - it does not mean that iptables won't work with kernel 2.6.

It simply means that this version of patch-o-matic will not work with kernel
2.6 (which is understandable, considering that p-o-m patches the kernel...)

Antony.

--
Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.
You'll feel much better about things once you do.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.