Re: Problems with Transparent Proxy using IPTables, Squid and 2.6 kernel

On Thursday, January 8, 2004, at 12:02 PM, Antony Stone wrote:

On Thursday 08 January 2004 4:56 pm, Peter Schobel wrote:

I have a server that was running a transparent redirection proxy - i
was using 2.4.20 kernel on this system and i recently upgraded to
2.6.0.107 kernel package for redhat 9

Ever since i did the kernel upgrade the proxy does not work correctly.

Have you recompiled the userspace iptables to match the new kernelspace netfilter?

No, I hadn't considered this. - I am using an rpm package iptables-1.2.7a-2 - do you think this could be the problem?

Does Squid seem to work correctly as a proxy if you configure your client
browser to use it specifically, rather than doing it transparently?

yes it works perfectly on port 80 as well as on port 3128 so the redirection seems to be working - but the transparency does not

Peter Schobel
Network Administrator
Porchlight.ca
Unlimited Internet
In a world without walls or fences
We will have no need for gates or windows