RE: TTL patch buggy?

Cedric wrote:
>If you want to prevent discovery based on the TTL of packets you send,
>reset TTL for outbound traffic to a default value such as 64.

I agree.  This is most useful for making it a tad more difficult to detect which OS you've chosen.

Also, incrementing the TTL is useful for obscuring NAT, as mentioned earlier.  This is helpful for HoneyPots where a single box/service is covering more than one IP/port.

For the interested, I can submit my own setup as an example.

Bob