NetBios iptables trouble with small TCP packets

I,

I have two networks connected with a linux firewall/router that is running RH8 and a firewall script.
I'm having a problem with the transfer of small files (<256kb) using NetBios over TCP/IP between a NT4 machine and a win2k machine.
The fw is doing source nat.
The problem is that when i transfer a small file, the win2k machine seams to hang for a moment ( 10 seconds ) and displays an error.
I have searched the MS site for the error and i have found that it's related to a time out.

I have searched the logs, and nothing unusual is reported.
I have checked the firewall logs also, and no drop packet is found ( i log all "can't happened" rules ).

I have tried many things, like:
- checking the MTU of the interfaces
- cheching the mss value using ifconfig
- each NIC uses a separate IRQ

The problem is on the fw/router machine 'im shure. I know it, because a have tried to put the same machines on the same LAN and there is no problem.

Does any one have any sugestion for this stange problem?

Best regards,
Sp3