RE: help needed: clogged console

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 10:15, bmcdowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Search for 'dmesg -n 1' - I think that's what you're after.
>

> Bob

I've been really confused by this issue.  I am also running iptables on
RedHat 9.0.  /etc/syslog.conf shows nothing being logged to the
console.  Yet, ever since applying the netfilter patch-o-matic
tcp-window patch, all of its messages appear on my console.  The
netfilter mail lists say this is a misconfiguration of syslog but it
sure looks correctly configured to me.  No other iptables messages go to
the console - just the tcp-window messages. How do I stop them!!! Thanks
- John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Chief Technology Officer