NAT Host down and ICMP host unreachable

Hello Everybody,

I apologize if you've seen something like this but
searching on something similar to the subject line
above has turned up nill.

Scenario

HostA ------> FW/NAT -----(port translation) --->
HOSTB
(10.10.1.1)
(192.168.7.1)

Rules:
iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp --dport 80 -j
DNAT --to 192.168.7.1:80
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -d 192.168.7.1 --dport 80
-j ACCEPT

So everything works, but when HostB goes down for
maintence or from a DOS or whatevever FW/NAT will send
an ICMP host unreachable with the natted address to
HostA.

I suppose I'm correct in perceiving that this behavior
is normal, so I'll have to ask how do some of you
people go about dealing with situations such as these?

Thanks,

JC